If your device’s stuck on the fastboot screen or if you want to know how to recover any Xiaomi device from the fastboot screen, this is the article for you. There are many reasons behind this but the most common one is corrupted software.
Why are Xiaomi devices stuck at fastboot?
At the point when an Android gadget is booted up, the framework bootloader, which is either in the ROM or on the motherboard, searches for a boot picture to boot the gadget from. At the point when the gadget is first fabricated, the bootloader is endorsed with the gadget’s producer’s critical. The bootloader places the framework picture it finds in the boot segment (a secret parcel on the gadget) and starts the gadget booting from the framework picture.
On the off chance that the framework segment or some other parcel has been messed with, the bootloader will attempt to stack the connected allotments utilizing the boot segment yet come up short and this will make the gadget enter fastboot and be stuck there.
Recover any Xiaomi device without reflashing
For reasons unknown, your gadget could boot into the fastboot and interact with working programming or you incidentally turned on your telephone while you were likewise holding the volume down button. If so, simply press and hold the power button for 10 seconds and your gadget ought to boot as though nothing at any point occurred.
In any case, in the event that there is an irregularity with how your segments are filled or set because of an off-base or messed-with programming streaked on the gadget, you should reflash the stock programming.
Recover any Xiaomi device using Mi Recovery
At times, being stuck at fastboot comes from client information irregularity with the ROM introduced on your gadget, meaning you should begin new for the framework for sure. In such cases, you can take a shot at cleaning client information. This cycle will wipe your information so know.
In order to wipe data in recovery:
- Press and hold the volume up and power buttons at the same time.
- Let go of the power button when you see the Mi Logo but keep pressing the volume up.
- You should see Xiaomi’s Mi Recovery Interface.
- Press the volume down button to select the Wipe Data option and press the power button to enter.
- Wipe All Data should be selected by default, and press the power button again.
- Use volume down to select Confirm and press the power button once again to wipe data.
Recover any Xiaomi device using MiFlash
If previous solutions weren’t helpful, unfortunately, you have to flash your device’s MiFlash tool. It’s a pretty straightforward process, so you can do this yourself or with someone you know who is good with computers. A computer and a USB are all you need. It is usually safe but please follow the guide below carefully. Doing something wrong can and will brick your device beyond repair.
In order to flash stock software via Mi Flash:
- Find and download the correct Fastboot ROM for your device from the MIUI Downloader app. If you don’t know about this app or how to use it,
- Download the MiFlash tool from here.
- Extract both of them using WinRAR or 7z.
- Run XiaoMiFlash.exe
- Click the “Select” button on the top left corner.
- Navigate to the folder where you extracted Fastboot ROM that you downloaded in first step.
- Select the folder and make sure it contains the images folder and .bat file
- Connect your device to the computer.
- Click the “Refresh” button
- MiFlash tool should recognize your device.
- There are options on the bottom right of the MiFlash window, I recommend selecting “clean all” but you can select “save user data” if you have important files on your device’s storage that you want to save them. Don’t select clean all and lock!
- Click “Flash” and wait patiently, the tool should reboot your phone automatically. Don’t disconnect your device during this process, doing so may brick your device.
- Your device should boot back to MIUI. If you had selected “clean all”, complete the Setup Wizard steps.
If MiFlash doesn’t recognize your device, check the Driver tab and install all the drivers in that section.