You can get more out of your Xiaomi battery if you use the following settings. Despite its advantages, fifth-generation connectivity is a pretty battery-hungry feature. In fact, the CEO of Redmi, Lu Weibing, has highlighted that going from 4G to 5G implies the consumption of 20% of energy. A considerable percentage, which affects less powerful mobiles much more.
However, Xiaomi mobiles hide a small adjustment that will allow you to prolong battery life. And yes, in some cases this extra means up to 20% more Xiaomi battery.
How To Get more power out of Xiaomi battery (Redmi & Poco)
Set the preferred network type
The power consumption of a 5G chip is higher than that of a 4G chip. This has been made known by many manufacturers since this technology began to be implemented. Of course, this is a small price to pay for innovation in telecommunications.
In general, many users prefer to use LTE or 3G networks in order to reduce energy consumption. A functional measure if you do not make frequent use of 5G connectivity in your environment. However, if you want to enjoy the high speeds that only the fifth-generation network offers, this may not be the best alternative.
Also, smartphone manufacturers have developed algorithms that allow the system to choose the most stable network according to our GPS position. In this way, it is possible to prolong the battery of your Xiaomi more because 5G connectivity will not be used unless the system does not find other more reliable networks.
You can select the network of your choice, or allow your Xiaomi system to select it automatically, by following these steps:
- Go to Settings > SIM cards and mobile networks.
- Click on the SIM card that is active.
- Go to ‘Preferred network type. Here you can select the network you want to be recognized by the system. For example, if you click on ‘Prefer 4G’, the system will not search for networks higher than this.
- You can also access the ‘ Mobile networks ‘ section to select the network manually or to click on ‘Select network automatically’ for the system to do so.
Activate 5G battery saving to reduce consumption on your Xiaomi battery
On the other hand, if you want to continue enjoying the advantages of the 5G network on your Xiaomi mobile, you have the possibility of configuring a special energy saving. As long as it’s on, you’ll be able to extend battery life without giving up 5G connectivity. This setting is somewhat hidden, but here’s how you can turn it on:
- Go to Settings > Battery.
- Click on the settings icon or nut icon located in the upper right corner.
- In the ‘Battery Saver’ section, turn on the ‘ 5G Battery Saver ‘ switch.