MIUI Pocket mode is a functionality designed so that the device does not activate while it is in a narrow place and thus avoids tapping on the screen. In this way, it is ensured that the mobile is not unlocked unintentionally or that the applications are not opened without the user wants them. Although it sounds nice, this function has a bug.
In mobiles such as the Redmi 8, the Redmi Note 9, and many others, after activating the MIUI Pocket mode, a very recurring error begins to appear. A transparent black screen with the message: Do not cover the earpiece area.
This bug is a common MIUI issue caused by Xiaomi‘s problems with proximity sensors. It is not something harmful and is easily resolved. If it doesn’t bother you, just press the volume up key to make the message disappear. While, if you find it uncomfortable, it is best to disable pocket mode.
How to Fix MIUI Pocket mode error
- Go to Settings > Lock screen.
- In the ‘Other’ section, turn off the switch for pocket mode.
- How to Change the size of the MIUI icons if too big or too small
- How to adjust Xiaomi MIUI notifications To Last Longer
- Mi 10T/10T Pro MIUI 13 Update: New for Global Region
- MIUI Security App Gets Updated: Features, Details and Download
- Improve the Xiaomi security and speed with this simple trick
Stay up to date with all the news and updates from your favorite blog on Google News. And of course, you can find us in the rest of RSS: Facebook page and group, Pinterest, Twitter, Flipboard, Reddit, Telegram Channel and group. You can subscribe to our Youtube Channel and Tiktok account For Xiaomi Videos. Are you a fan of photography? Check Out Our Web Stories and Instagram. With the details listing and specs check out the latest Xiaomi devices and gadgets. we also participate in the Xiaomi community too.