Many Xiaomi users have been wondering how to Change Xiaomi MIUI region, maybe you want to change from china MIUI to global MIUI from, here we will teach you how to switch miui regions, remember we will be not held responsible if you drive bricks
You need to have a PC and an unlocked bootloader to be able to Change Xiaomi MIUI region.
METHOD ONE TO Change Xiaomi MIUI region
- First of all, download the latest Mi Flash Tool.
- Then, download the fastboot ROM you want to switch to from here.
- Open Mi Flash Tool.
- The program somewhat looks like above.
- Boot your phone to fastboot by; turning it off, then holding the power+volume down button.
- Then hit refresh in Mi Flash Tool and it should show your device.
- Unpack the fastboot ROM you downloaded direct to C:\ and be sure there are no illegal characters in the folder name(example spaces or characters like ! &,…)
- Hit the select button in Mi Flash Tool and choose the folder of the ROM you unpacked under C:\ or enter the path manually in Mi Flash Tool.
- After choosing it, be sure “clean all” is selected at the bottom(otherwise it will lock your bootloader!)
- Then hit on flash and it will start flashing it. Keep in mind that this will factory reset the device, so be sure you backed up your files before.
- Once the process is done, Mi Flash Tool will say “error:fastboot flash lock is not done”. Ignore that as we already don’t want to lock the bootloader.
- The phone will reboot by itself.
- Once it’s booted, it will ask the password of your Mi account if you have it logged in to the phone. Enter it to unlock the device.
- Setup the phone.
And voila; you just Change Xiaomi MIUI region to another one!
METHOD TWO TO Change Xiaomi MIUI region
This method is tested and doesn’t always work. Try it at your own risk.
- Download the recovery ROM of the ROM you want to switch to and the recovery ROM of the MIUI that you are on currently from here.
- Rename the ROM you are currently on to “a.zip”.
- Go to the updater, tap the three-dot menu, choose “choose update package” and choose the ROM that you are currently on.
- Wait for it to finish. Once it’s done, delete that zip and rename the ROM you want to switch to “a.zip”.
- Now tap on update in updater. It should start
Please keep in mind that these things won’t work if you don’t have the bootloader unlocked and try to do it, will brick your device:
You can Change Xiaomi MIUI region in the following ways
CN to IN
IN to CN
CN to Global
Global to CN
Global to IN
IN to Global
Don’t forget to tell us your opinion, by dropping your comment below, Thanks
Stay up to date with all the news and updates from your favorite blog on Google News. And of course, you can find us in the rest of RSS: Facebook, Pinterest, Flipboard, or Twitter. You can subscribe to our Youtube Channel. Are you a fan of photography? Check Out Our Web Stories.