Google Pay is one of the most popular applications, and it is now exclusively available for Android. This feature requires your smartphone to enable near-field communication (NFC), as this is a contactless payment technique that will not operate until it can communicate with point-of-sale (POS) devices. Continue with the instructions if your smartphone has this capability and is either Android or iOS.
In recent years, several old payment systems have been replaced by better ones. People increasingly utilize applications such as Google Pay, Apple Pay, and others to make these purchases since they are just easier and more efficient. You no longer need to clog your wallet with credit cards, cash, and dimes; instead, simply use your phone. How does one go about activating these services? Let’s take it one step at a time.
How to Check if your device supports NFC On Xiaomi Phone
- Open Settings.
- Type NFC in the search bar of your Settings app
- Select NFC and turn it on
- If you do not see any results, you do not have this feature on your device
If your devices is supported, you can go ahead and install this app via Play Store:
You will not be able to install it if your device is rooted, has an unlocked bootloader, has developer options enabled or is untested or unapproved by Google. You need to have certified status in Play Store in order to be able to use this app.
How to Add credit cards On Xiaomi Phone
To add your debit or credit cards in Google Pay app:
- Open the Google Pay app
- If you have multiple accounts signed in, select the account to you want to do actions on
- Swipe up from the bottom
- Tap on Add a card > Debit or credit card
- Use the device camera in order to capture your card information or type it in manually
- You may get asked to verify the payment method, if so, select a verification method and verify it
- Enter the verification code sent to you
How to Set Google Pay as default Payment Method On Xiaomi Phone
You can set Google Pay as the default payment method in your device as well:
- Open Settings
- Tap on Apps & Notifications > Default apps.
- Default apps may also be under Advanced section
- Tap on Tap & Pay.
- Select Google Pay as your default app
Don’t forget to tell us your opinion, by dropping your comment below, Thanks
Stay up to date with all the news and updates from your favorite blog on Google News. And of course, you can find us in the rest of RSS: Facebook, Pinterest, Flipboard, or Twitter. You can subscribe to our Youtube Channel. Are you a fan of photography? Check Out Our Web Stories.