Android 12 Beta For Xiaomi Phones
Android 12 beta is now available and still actively developing phase, Google is in the process of adding features and fixing issues. Android 12 beta is now available on devices from additional manufacturers. Visit android.com/beta for details on how to sign up.
What’s new in Android 12 Beta
A new UI for Android – Android 12 brings the biggest design change in Android’s history. We rethought the entire experience, from the colors to the shapes, light, and motion, making Android 12 more expressive, dynamic, and personal.
Redesigned widgets – Along with the design changes in Android 12 we’ve refreshed app widgets to make them more useful, beautiful, and discoverable. We added new interactive controls like checkboxes, switches, and radio buttons and made personalizing widgets easier.
Stretch overscroll – Adding a new system-wide “stretch” overscroll effect to let users know they’ve scrolled past the end of the available content in your UI. The stretch effect provides a natural vertical and horizontal scroll-stop indicator that’s common across all apps, and it’s enabled by default for scrolling containers across the platform and AndroidX.
Smoother audio transitions – UI isn’t just about the visuals. Also improved the way that audio focus is handled. When an app loses audio focus, its audio is automatically faded out, providing a smoother transition between apps that play audio, and preventing apps from playing over each other.
Faster, more efficient system performance – Reduced the CPU time needed for core system services by 22%, so devices will be faster and more responsive. We also improved Android’s power efficiency by reducing the use of big cores by the system server by 15% to help devices run longer before needing to charge.
App hibernation – Launched permissions auto-reset, and over the last two weeks, Android has reset permissions for over 8.5 million apps that weren’t being used – so apps that people have forgotten about can’t still access their data.
Nearby device permissions – Previously, Bluetooth scanning required apps to have location permission, which was a challenge for apps that needed to pair with nearby devices but didn’t actually need the device location.
Approximate location – Better ways to manage access to location, such as through separate permissions for foreground and background access and an “only this time” option. Now for apps targeting Android 12, we’re offering even more control with a new “approximate location” option.
Android 12 Beta for Xiaomi Phones:
- Xiaomi MI 11
- Xiaomi MI 11 ULTRA
- Xiaomi MI 11I
- Xiaomi MI 11X PRO
Known Issues on Android 12 Beta For Xiaomi Phones
Please note the beta build is not the final version, some features may be missing or may not work, these are general notes about this release:
- The release might have experienced problems with apps, stability, battery, or performance on the device.
- Banking and finance apps might not work as expected
- Some apps might crash or may not function as expected when running on this release. This includes Google’s apps as well as other apps
- Some permissions managed through Settings may need to be set again after app re-installation or device reboot
- The release contains some known platform-related issues such as performance and battery, access files in external storage, permissions
- Some apps or icons may be obscured by the water drop screen
- The camera may not be as good as expected.
If you would like to opt-out or revert to the factory settings, you can do so using SOP tools.
How To Install Android 12 Beta For Xiaomi Phones
How to flash Android 12 Beta For Xiaomi Phones
A Windows PC/laptop will be needed for the following steps. Make sure that your device is fully charged or has enough power for this process. This guide will help you update your device to the latest MIUI ROM version. All user data will be purged in this process. Please back up your data and think twice before proceeding.
- Download MIUI ROM Flashing Tool (Size: 66.7 MB). Devices marked with ★ are locked. If your device is locked, please click here to unlock it first. Devices marked with ☆ are unlocked. If your device is unlocked, please just follow the following tutorial to complete the ROM flashing.
- Select the right Android 12 Beta MIUI ROM version for your phone from the listed below, and download the corresponding package file.
- Turn off the device. Press the Volume– key and the Power button at the same time to enter Fastboot mode. Then connect the device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable
- Double click on the downloaded ROM file to decompress it. Open the file folder for the decompressed ROM pack, and copy its path on the computer.
- Decompress the Android 12 Beta MIUI ROM flashing tool downloaded in Step 1, and double click on it to install (if there is a security warning, select ‘Run’). After installation is completed, open MiFlash.exe and paste into the address bar the ROM file folder path copied in the last step. Click on the first button (circled out in yellow) to Refresh, and MiFlash should automatically recognize the device. Then click the second button (circled out in red) to flash the Android 12 Beta ROM file to the device.
- Wait until the progress bar inside MiFlash turns fully green, which means the ROM has been successfully installed. Then your device should automatically boot to the new version.
- If the flashing guide could not help you, please download Mi PC Suite here(After Mi PC Suite is installed, make sure that your phone is in fastboot mode, connect your phone to a computer, and select the correct ROM file to flash)
How Rollback To Android 12 Beta
If you would like to opt-out or revert back to factory settings, you can do so through the Fastboot mode:
- Download The MI flashfile
- Turn off the device.
- Press the Volume-down button and the Power button at the same time for 4-5 seconds to enter Fastboot mode.
Don’t forget to tell us your opinion, by dropping your comment below, Thanks