Xiaomi Notification problems are one of the few issues some users are facing. MIUI and notifications have a complex relationship, so to speak. Although the customization layer has introduced many improvements in recent months, the notification manager still does not get the notifications to do their job. However, there are certain tricks that you can try to reset MIUI notifications on your Xiaomi, Redmi, or POCO.
Failures, although common and mostly temporary, can become a real headache. That is what happens with MIUI notifications. While the customization layer has plenty of helpful features, it seems that each of its versions experiences all sorts of minor glitches when receiving a notification.
How to reset MIUI Xiaomi Notification problems
From icons that don’t appear in the status bar to screens that light up without showing any notifications or just don’t sound like they should. Those are just some of the errors that MIUI notifications usually present and that you can try to solve with one of the following five tricks:
1. Enable autostart of your apps
After closing an app from the task manager, it may remain “off” and, therefore, you do not receive its notifications or they arrive with an unavoidable delay. This is mainly due to RAM management.
Therefore, an alternative that you can try to reset MIUI notifications on your Xiaomi is to enable the automatic launch of the applications that present the failures. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Applications > Permissions .
- Click on ‘ Autostart ‘.
- Activate the switches of all those applications from which you do not receive notifications.
2. Disable app restrictions to reset MIUI notifications
MIUI limits the operation of some applications to save battery and improve RAM management. This action causes certain notifications not to be displayed. However, this can be configured very simply:
- Go to Settings > Battery.
- Tap the gear icon to enter the settings menu.
- In the ‘Additional settings section, click on ‘ Application battery saver ‘.
- Next, tap on all the apps that have notification issues one by one to enter the background settings of each app.
- In this section, select the ‘ No Restrictions ‘ option.
3. Allows sound, vibrations, and the use of LED light
A common failure in Xiaomi, Redmi, and POCO mobiles is not hearing the sound of notifications. This is a problem that occurs after updating the operating system. This is a minor bug, which causes the notifications to not sound or the sound does not correspond to any incoming notification.
In any case, the sound of MIUI notifications can be restored by carrying out the following steps:
- Go to Settings > Applications.
- Go to ‘ Manage Applications ‘.
- Click on the application or applications that have the sound problem.
- In the permissions section, go to ‘ Notifications ‘.
- Turn the ‘ Allow Sound ‘ switch off and back on.
- Also, turn on the vibration and use of LED light if you see it necessary.
4. Clear launcher data and cache to reset MIUI notifications
Another very common bug is receiving a bunch of notifications only when you open the app in question. This kind of delay also occurs after updating the software of your Xiaomi and can lead to several other common problems.
However, it is also very easy to fix. You just need to wipe system launcher data to reset MIUI notifications. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Applications.
- Then go to ‘ Manage Applications ‘.
- In the search bar, type ‘ System Launcher ‘ and select the app.
- Click on the ‘ Clear Data ‘ button.
- In the pop-up window, tap on ‘ Clear all data ‘ and then on ‘ Clear cache ‘.
5. Allow your apps to show notifications
System problems can lead to undesirable bugs such as apps not showing notifications. It may also happen that some app is not authorized to display them.
In any case, the solution is simple: You must enter the notifications section of that application and verify that it can display notifications.
- Go to Settings > Notifications and Control Center > App notifications .
- Select the app(s) that don’t show notifications.
- In the next menu, turn it on if the ‘ Show notifications ‘ switch is off. If it’s on and you still don’t get notifications, try turning it off and then turning it on again.
- Likewise, you can also enable notifications to appear on the lock screen by simply activating the corresponding switch.
MIUI is a constantly changing layer of customization. MIUI 13 is getting closer to completing its deployment phases and the next update called MIUI 13.5 is on the horizon, which will bring with it some interesting features.
after applying the tips to Xiaomi Notification problems, comment below which of them worked for you.
Stay up to date with all the news and updates from your favorite blog on Google News. And of course, you can find us in the rest of RSS: Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. You can subscribe to our Youtube Channel. Are you a fan of photography? Check Out Our Web Stories.