MIUI settings are so extensive and varied that many may go unnoticed and you may not get to know them all. The customization layer of Xiaomi, Redmi, and POCO mobiles allows you to make changes of any kind and access curious functions. For this reason, today we want to talk to you about five MIUI settings that you may not have known about.
The list is made up of interesting settings to customize the notifications, animations, and applications of your Xiaomi. These are settings that are very easy to activate, with which you can make the most of the device’s capabilities.
Five MIUI Settings You Must Discover
Let yourself be carried away by everything that MIUI has to teach you. From listening to music on YouTube in the background to hiding apps from prying eyes. Here are five MIUI settings that you may not have known about and that you should definitely discover:
1. Modify the time a notification remains on the screen
From time to time it may happen that you receive a notification, but for reasons of life, you cannot see what it says. This usually happens when the default time on screen is very short.
If you want to extend the duration, MIUI has a setting that you may not have known about that allows you to lengthen the notification cycle. To do this, just follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Additional settings > Accessibility > Physical .
- Click on ‘ Wait time to perform action ‘.
- Select the value that best suits you. Options are default, 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, and 2 minutes.
2. Change the startup animation with this MIUI tweak you may not have known about
When you turn on your Xiaomi, you are greeted by a simple yet modern startup animation. For many users, it happens without pain or glory, because they consider that it cannot be changed. However, the latter is not true. From the MIUI Themes app, you have the option to change the startup animation to a more eye-catching one. This is what you should do:
- Open the Themes app.
- Click on your profile icon.
- Go to ‘Customize theme’.
- Click on ‘Start animation’ or ‘boot image’.
- Select the animation that you like the most.
3. Hide your apps for more privacy
Nobody likes to have their privacy invaded and that is something that Xiaomi knows very well. For this reason, the MIUI customization layer puts at your disposal a setting that you may not have known about. It is a special function, hidden inside the Security app, with which you can make an application on the desktop disappear.
Apps stay out of sight and your personal information stays safe. Now, if you want to open one of those hidden apps, just zoom out from your desktop. However, how can apps be hidden?
- Open the Security app.
- In the special features section, tap on ‘ Hide apps ‘.
- Choose the apps you want to make disappear.
4. Listen to music from YouTube in the background
If you have a Xiaomi, Redmi, or POCO, there is no need to subscribe to YouTube Premium to listen to music in the background. MIUI brings with it a native application with which you can play your favorite songs from the video platform, with the screen off.
We are talking, of course, about the Music app. A practical tool with enormous potential. Are you interested? So you can take advantage of this MIUI tweak:
- Open the Music app.
- Click on the ‘View’ tab.
- Search for the song of your choice.
- Play the music video, turn off the screen, or switch apps. The audio will continue to play in the background.
5. Remove people from your photos with this MIUI tweak you may not have known about
The gallery of your Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO has endless fascinating features. An example of this is the ‘Delete’ tool in the photo editor. This function allows you to remove objects and lines from your photos, but it also allows you to remove people.
Of course, this last category is not available on all devices, but that does not stop it from being a most curious setting. If you are interested in knowing how you can activate it, here are the steps you must follow:
- Open the Gallery app.
- Click on a photo and press ‘Edit’.
- Navigate to the ‘Delete’ function.
- Select ‘Remove People’. The system automatically detects recognizable subjects in the photo. Click on the person you want to remove from the photo and the editor will remove it immediately, filling the space with a clone effect.
Stay up to date with all the news and updates from your favorite blog on Google News. And of course, you can find us in the rest of RSS: Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. You can subscribe to our Youtube Channel. Are you a fan of photography? Check Out Our Web Stories.