5 hidden MIUI settings on your Xiaomi
There are many hidden MIUI settings available for Xiaomi users. Every day we find more interesting adjustments in the MIUI customization layer. Xiaomi’s shell is a benchmark in terms of options to customize the device to your liking. Not only can you make annoying ads disappear in native applications, but there are also very varied and curious settings that you can activate on your Xiaomi.
MIUI settings are divided into practical privacy options and some tricks to optimize the use you give to the mobile. For this reason, we have compiled five settings that we found quite curious with which you can further expand the experience that MIUI offers you.
Five hidden MIUI settings that you can activate on your Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO
MIUI is one of the customization layers with more options to edit the features and appearance of your device. Here is our selection of five practical and curious settings that you can activate on your Xiaomi, Redmi, and POCO.
1. Flip to mute call – hidden MIUI settings
It is likely that, for personal reasons, you do not feel in the mood to take a call. Maybe you’re busy and need to focus or you’re just not a big fan of calls. Whatever the case, MIUI gives you the option to mute the phone just by flipping the screen.
You don’t need to pick up your phone or press any buttons. Just give it a 180° turn and lay the screen against any surface. That easy and fast the call will be silenced. This is a curious and little-known MIUI setting, which you can activate with these simple steps:
- Open the Phone app.
- Click on the three vertical dots icon.
- Go into ‘ Settings ‘.
- In the ‘ Advanced settings ‘ section, select ‘ Flip to mute ‘.
- Then activate the corresponding switch.
2. Cut calls with the power button with this MIUI tweak – hidden MIUI settings
Do you have problems with the touch panel? Do you have your hands full and can’t find how to slide the button to hang up a call? No problem. MIUI has a handy tweak that allows you to drop calls just by pressing the power button. This option is located among the accessibility options and you can activate it in the following way:
- Open ‘ Settings ‘.
- Go to ‘ Additional settings ‘.
- Click on ‘ Accessibility ‘.
- Go into the ‘ Physical ‘ tab.
- Activate the switch for ‘ Cut with the power button ‘.
3. Make your files private – hidden MIUI settings
Privacy is a very important issue. MIUI knows this very well and that is why it gives you the option to turn your files into private documents. What does this mean? That the photos, videos, audio, and other elements that you select will not appear anywhere in the system.
Instead, they will be moved to a hidden folder that can only be accessed with a security pattern. To enjoy this feature, follow these steps:
- Open the file manager.
- Select any file you want to hide.
- In the options panel at the bottom, click on ‘ More ‘.
- Click on ‘ Make private ‘.
- Confirm your selection by clicking again on ‘Make private’.
- The selected files will be sent to the private folder.
- If this is your first time doing this, you will be prompted to create a security pattern.
- To access the private folder, just slide the main administrator menu until the app tells you ‘Release to see the private folder’.
- From this point on, you will only need to enter the security pattern you have created.
4. Blur app previews with this MIUI tweak – hidden MIUI settings
Apps you leave in the background can fall victim to prying eyes. For this reason, MIUI provides you with a setting that allows you to dim the preview of applications to prevent third parties from viewing your information.
In this way, the applications you select will become blurred. Thus, your personal data remains safe and you save yourself a couple of disappointments. The way to activate this curious MIUI setting is:
- Go to ‘Settings ‘.
- Head over to ‘Home Screen ‘.
- In the ‘Recent’ section, tap on ‘ Blur app previews ‘.
- In the next menu, you will have the option to select all the applications that you want to blur when they are in the background.
5. Hide personal apps – hidden MIUI settings
MIUI has a setting that allows you to lock and hide your personal apps. The first is an option available in the settings menu. The second can be found among the special functions of the Security app. What does it mean to hide an application? That the application will not appear on the system desktop and, therefore, no one will be able to access it.
If you need to protect your privacy and do not want anyone to snoop on your applications, then you should activate this curious MIUI setting. Follow this path to do it:
- Open the Security app.
- In the special functions section, click on ‘ Hide apps ‘.
- Select the apps you want to hide.
The applications will be accessible by a zoom-out gesture on the main desktop. Immediately the system will show you the hidden applications folder. In this section, you also have the option to block applications and hide notifications.