With the bootloader unlocked you can add more customization on your Xiaomi or any other android phone. If you purchased a device secondhand or through an unofficial source, the bootloader may have been unlocked. In this post, we’ll teach you how to verify if a Xiaomi device’s bootloader is unlocked in a few simple steps. They’re simple to put together and simply require a computer.
1. Check from the Settings
This is the simplest phase, which takes around 10 seconds to complete. However, there is a minor concern with this one: the seller may make it appear as though it is locked. This is how you go about it.
- Open settings.
- Go into “Device Info”.
- Tap “All specs”.
- Tap the Build number repeatedly until it says that the developer options are activated.
- Go back to the home page of the settings app.
- Go to “More options”, then go into “Developer options”.
- Scroll down until you see “Mi unlock status”. Tap on it once you saw it.
- Here, you can see if your device is unlocked or not. But as said, this one is fake-able, so following the other two methods is recommended.
2. Check via Fastboot
You need a PC to do this step, along with ADB installed.
- Boot your phone to fastboot by powering it off, then holding the power and volume down button until you see the fastboot logo appears.
- Once you do, open a command prompt on your computer.
- Type “fastboot getvar unlocked” and hit enter. It will show you if your device has the bootloader unlocked or not.
3. Bootlogo Lock Icon
This is also one of the easiest ways to understand if the bootloader is unlocked, but it’s not supported by all Xiaomi devices, unfortunately. But still, it’s really easy to check it.
- Reboot your phone.
- Wait until the Redmi/Xiaomi/POCO logo appears.
- Once it appears, check if you have a lock icon that is unlocked. If so, that means the device has the bootloader unlocked.
These 3 easy methods to check the bootloader unlocked state on your Xiaomi device.
Stay up to date with all the news and updates from your favorite blog on Google News. And of course, you can find us in the rest of RSS: Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. You can subscribe to our Youtube Channel. Are you a fan of photography? Check Out Our Web Stories.